Whether you live in India or enjoy visiting around the holiday, there are plenty of ways to celebrate the dawn of a new year – and without spending your entire year’s budget.
It’s easy to overspend during the holidays, but for New Year’s celebrating, you don’t have to do so to have a good time. Here are five ways to say hello to 2014 in India without emptying your wallet.
- Hit the beach! India has amazing beaches, so take advantage of the scenery. Grab some friends and venture to Diu or Kerala and “wave” goodbye to 2013 ocean-side.
- Host a party at home. Invite your family and friends to dress to the nines, and perhaps bring a festive food item or colorful flowers or party favors to your place. Start the year off celebrating with the people who mean the most to you!
- Attend a village festival, or visit a temple. You don’t have to go to a ritzy hotel to find a great New Year’s party in India. Village celebrations are just as much fun and offer a great chance to explore!
- Surprise a loved one with flowers or small gifts to start their new year off right! With Western Union prepaid cards, you can shop all over India and find great deals. This year is no exception.
- Aim for new heights … and scream Happy New Year from the majestic mountaintops of Manali!